Workers make use of scaffolding for their building and construction projects. They are durable and help workers in completing tasks that are well above the ground. Some scaffolding types also have wheels and rollers so that workers can glide their way through during work. Workers opt for the right selection of scaffold types available in the market for their construction needs. These structures help in the repair of buildings as well.
The biggest advantage of scaffolding is they can be set up to match the contours of your building. If the specifications of the building are given to you in advance, you are able to design the scaffolding in the way you wish to. The scaffolding can be designed into the desired shape.
A good scaffold will support you and your workers. They should be strong enough to hold the materials you need to use for building and repairing. Couplers connect the planks and frames together. They should be durable and not lead to mishaps or accidents. Scaffolding is used when the work to be done is approximately 12 feet above the ground. It is important for you to ensure that your workers are skilled and have the adequate knowledge on how to use scaffolding. This will avert unwanted accidents and injuries.
Different Kinds of Scaffolding Commonly Used in Construction Projects
Five different kinds of scaffolding are used widely in construction projects today. They are the independent bird cage, swingstage, hanging bracket, cantilever and single pole. Each of them has their own unique features and uses. Let us take a look at the above selection of scaffold types available in the market-
- Independent Scaffold or Bird Cage- This scaffold has many vertical poles connected with the aid of ledgers. This scaffolding is used for working on one level only.
- Single Pole Scaffold- This scaffold has a single row of poles and the support will depend upon the structure it is placed up against.
- Cantilever-These scaffolds are attached at one end and they are supported by an adjacent structure
- Hanging Bracket Scaffolding- This scaffolding has a complicated framework with horizontal parts supported by the floors of the adjacent structure.
- Swingstage- This scaffolding is a platform that can be raised and lowered. It is suspended and mainly used in large construction projects.
The above are the common types of scaffolding used in construction projects however they can be customized as per your needs.
Remember scaffolds should be durable and stable for your needs. It is important for you to always follow certain safety procedures when you are opting for scaffolding for your construction needs. The selection of scaffold types available in the market today should be safely set up for the construction project you are working on. It is important for you to always rely on a credible scaffolding company to give you quality products. The scaffolding should be constructed correctly and be away from power lines. They should be strong enough so that they do not collapse due to heavy weights or objects being placed on them.