Zcash refers to an anonymous cryptocurrency which makes use of zk-snarks for ensuring that all data concerning user transactions are securely encrypted. The Zcash uses the Equihash algorithm, an asymmetric Proof of Work algorithm that has high RAM requirements. To know how to mine Zcash you must understand that everyone may not have access to computers. In fact, most people do not really have the time or patience to mine Zcash independently. The main reason behind this is that there is no GUI or Graphic User Interface Miner yet.
The Zcash is a currency which originated from the Bitcoin but it has anonymity. In case of Bitcoin, the transactions can be viewed but in Zcash, all transactions are completely anonymous. Mining Zcash seems to be more profitable compared to mining the Bitcoin or Ethereum. When you wish to know how to mine Zcash, you must realize that the responsibility of mining will only rest with you. So, you must exercise a lot of caution when you run a computer or use high power for an extended period of time. To generate profits and enjoy good cooling, it is preferable to either build or buy a dedicated mining computer. You may also use cloud mining for mining Zcash.
- To start mining Zcash, you need a video card for good mining; using a cell phone or outdated video card or a laptop is not effective.
- To mine the Zcash you will need a wallet for storing the funds. You can get the various GUI wallets that are readily available and choose after comparing these.
- You will also require a mining pool where you can direct the hash power to. So, you should ideally compare the features of different mining pools to get the best Zcash pool and read reviews to make the best choice.
- When you have found special mining hardware, your next task is to get mining software for Zcash. You will come across different types of software which will work with various hardware configurations such as the Zcash miner. The Zcash software which is offered by the company is a comprehensive package allowing you to operate a full node, and mine with the CPU; it has a built-in wallet for receiving and sending Zcash.
- When you wish to mine Zcash with the CPU you need to use the Nicehash miner. This miner will run for both the CPU and GPU but it is best to use separate miners for GPU and CPU. When downloading this miner it is important to check for the latest releases. The NiceHash miner has two versions; one which pays in Bitcoin and the other pays directly in Zcash.
- When you wish to mine Zcash using GPU, it is best to select the Claymore miner. This has a track record of being an easy-to-optimize miner for customers and can increase the hash rate considerably. The genoil miner will only be effective for pool mining and in case of AMD cards.