In today’s world where the customers are conscious of the things that they buy, it is vital for the firms to maintain a long term relationship with them by providing them value. To ensure this, the firms have now started investing a lot on its sales force team so as to push their products and services to the customers such that their needs can be catered to. The demand for the sales force is rapidly increasing and firms are now looking for professionals in this area. As a result, numerous potential sales people are opting for professional certification courses.
Salesforce.com, as of 2015, is one of the most highly valued American cloud computing companies. It is one of the firms that provide sales force admin certifications. Its major portion of the revenue comes from its customer relationship management (CRM) products.
Salesforce admin certification: It is an examination intended for people who want to experience the world of sales. The salesforce admin certification recognizes experience and the knowledge of the individual. Some of the concepts that the candidates are expected to be aware of–
- Managing users, data and security
- Build repots, dashboards and workflow
- Maintain and customize Sales cloud and Service cloud applications
Format: The salesforce admin certification exam contains 60 multiple choice questions that have to be completed in a time span of 90 minutes. A candidate has to score at least 65% to pass the examination. He/ she is barred from using hard copy or any online material for referral during the exam.
Areas to be covered: To prepare for the sales force administrator (ADM-201) examination, a candidate must focus on the following areas-
- Standard objectives and data model
- Organization Wide Defaults (OWD)
- Record types
- Sales force limits
- Role hierarchy
- Roles and profiles
- Lead assignment rules
- Reporting and dashboards
Sales force certification cost: The sales force certification examination costs US $200 (as the registration fee) and US $100 (as the retake fee).
Any candidate opting for the advanced level course – the Sales force Certified Advanced Administrator examination – has to pay US $ 200 for the registration and US $ 100 as the retake fee.
- Quick preparation: Candidates appearing for the sales force adm201 examination should follow these–
- Study the relevant topics: Ensure that the relevant areas to be covered for the examination are taken care of. Have a look at the format of the exam and review each topic. You can take help from the Salesforce Learning Centre if you hold any query.
- Prepare a time table: Never burden yourself with the work. Instead divide your time and work accordingly so that you can invest generous time of the preparation while enjoying the journey.
- Don’t waste your time: While writing the exam, understand that you have 90 minutes to cover 60 multiple choice questions. So, if you get stuck, do not waste time on it. Go ahead with the others and return to the question later when you have time.
- Stay calm: Though, at times, the seriousness of the situation may get to one’s head but also ensure to pamper yourself to maintain your cool.